Please join us at the group forum to discuss the book "the Host" by Stephenie Meyer. The forum is an open forum meaning you don't need to be a member to join in the discussion but your posts will be moderated.
For this discussion, the format will change to a 1 to 2 question format rather than a "list of questions" format. Each member or participant, answers the question and it's recommended that members start an active discussion with other members or participants.
Each day two new questions will be posted, i.e., Day #1 Discussion, Day #2 Discussion, etc. for a series of 5 days. The discussion questions will be posted from May 15th to May 20th but the discussions will remain open until May 22nd. July's Book recommendations will begin May 23.
Here's a few suggestions to get the discussions going:
- Do you agree or disagree with the member's analysis? Elaborate further with your own views in regards to a member's post.
- Compare and contrast with a member's analysis of the question.
- Ask additional questions of the member to explain her/his answers further.
You may answer one or both questions. Please respond to any of the other members answers so we can get an active discussion going.
Day #1 Questions:
- Why do you think Stephenie Meyer referred to the "aliens" as "souls"? Do you feel she was suggesting that our souls as we know it in the biblical sense were actually "aliens" that invades a "host" such as humans?
- Stephenie Meyer, in both the Twilight Series and the Host, created female characters with inherent weaknesses but yet possessed strengths that helped them overcome adversities. If you've read the Twilight books, do you see any similarities between Bella and Wanderer or Melanie? If you haven't read the Twilight books, what strengths and weaknesses did you see in Wanderer and Melanie?