Please join us at the group forum to discuss the book "the Host" by Stephenie Meyer. The forum is an open forum meaning you don't need to be a member to join in the discussion but your posts will be moderated.
For this discussion, the format will change to a 1 to 2 question format rather than a "list of questions" format. Each member or participant, answers the question and it's recommended that members start an active discussion with other members or participants.
Each day two new questions will be posted, i.e., Day #1 Discussion, Day #2 Discussion, etc. for a series of 5 days. The discussion questions will be posted from May 15th to May 20th but the discussions will remain open until May 22nd. July's Book recommendations will begin May 23.
Here's a few suggestions to get the discussions going:
- Do you agree or disagree with the member's analysis? Elaborate further with your own views in regards to a member's post.
- Compare and contrast with a member's analysis of the question.
- Ask additional questions of the member to explain her/his answers further.
You may answer one or both questions. Please respond to any of the other members answers so we can get an active discussion going.
Day #2 Questions:
- Were the struggles between the humans and the souls symbolic of racial prejudice, ethnic cleansing, or genocide? Explain. (Credit to Heather for inspiring this question)
- Do you feel the relationship between Jared and Melanie (with Wanderer already inserted into Melanie's body) should have been developed more into the story line? Why do you feel that the relationship between Ian and Wanderer was more prominant in the book as opposed to Jared and Melanie? Were you disappointed?